It is now the moral and corporate responsibility of Organizations in the food chain to “ensure food is safe to consume” and thus try to eliminate therisks caused by food contaminated with bacteria, viruses, parasites or toxins.Thus, organizations have to put up a reliable system to ensure food safety.
Hence, it is becoming increasingly important for organizations to establish, implement, maintain and improve aFood Safety Management System. One of the ways to do this is by ISO 22000:2005 Certification.
ISO22000 is an internationally accepted food safety management system standard, which specifies requirements of a Food SafetyManagement System (FSMS).The ISO22000 standard provides framework for continually monitoring, reviewing and improving Food Safety.
Benefits of ISO22000 certification
By achieving ISO 22000 certification, your organisation will be able to reap benefits as listed below:
- Improve the internal organizational processes that provide safe foodon a consistent basis
- Puts a system in place to control food hazards to make food safe for human consumption
- Eliminates food borne diseases
- Improves the food brand image and enhances the Organization’s image
- Enhances customer confidence in the food products manufactured by the Organization
- Boosts the stakeholder confidence with regard tothe hazard controls implemented by the Organization
- Ensures Organizational commitment to manage food safety risks & hazards and exercise control across the food supply chain
- May ensure qualification as a global food supplier
ISO 22000 Family of Standards
The ISO family of standards comprises of:
- ISO 22000 - Food safety management systems - Requirements for any organization in the food chain. This is the auditable standard for FSMS.
- ISO/TS 22002 –Part 1: Prerequisites for Food manufacturing
- ISO/TS 22002 – Part 2: Specific prerequisites for catering
- ISO/TS 22002 – Part3 : Specific prerequisites for farming
- ISO/TS 22002 – Part 4: Specific prerequisites for food packaging manufacturing
- ISO TS 22003 - Food safety management systems for bodies who provide audit and certification of food safety management systems.
- ISO/TS 22004 - Food safety management systems - Guidance on the application of ISO 22000
- ISO 22005 - Traceability in the feed and food chain - General principles and basic requirements for system design and implementation.
- ISO 22006 - Quality management systems - Guidance on the application of ISO 9002:2000 for crop production.
For ISO 22000 Certification in Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, India, please call +91-9379917239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org